Terms & Conditions
HOSPITALITY BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions govern the legal relationship between The Curragh Racecourse And any person receiving the benefit of a hospitality package at the Racecourse (Customer). By booking and/or accepting the benefit of such hospitality packages, the Customer agrees to abide by these terms and conditions at all times. If the Customer has any special requirements, comments or questions in relation to these terms and conditions, the Customer should email email@example.com or contact the Racecourse on 045 441205.
1. The Customer may book the required hospitality package for an event on the Curragh Hospitality website at www.curraghhospitality.com (the Website).
2. After placing an order on the Website, the Customer will receive a booking confirmation via email. Please note that it is only when the Customer receives the booking confirmation and accompanying e-ticket(s) that the order has been accepted by The Curragh Racecourse.
3. By placing an order, the Customer warrants that he/she: (a) is legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and (b) is at least 18 years old;
4. The price for the hospitality package will be as quoted on the Website from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. Please note that The Curragh Racecourse is under no obligation to provide the hospitality package to the Customer at an incorrect lower price, even after a booking confirmation has been received if the pricing error was obvious, unmistakable and could reasonably have been recognised by the Customer as a mis-pricing error.
5. Prices are liable to change at any time, but subject to clause 4 above, changes will not affect orders where the Customer has already received a booking confirmation and their e-tickets.
6. Payment for all hospitality packages must be by credit or debit card. All e-tickets are emailed to the purchaser as a PDF attachment which must be printed and presented at the turnstiles to gain admission to the racecourse.
Use of Hospitality Facilities
7. The Customer shall leave the Hospitality Areas and Racecourse grounds as directed by security and Curragh racecourse staff at the end of the event to which the hospitality package purchased by the Customer relates.
8. The Customer shall in addition comply with the ticket terms and conditions on display at the Curragh Racecourse.
9. No food or beverages of any kind shall be brought into any hospitality area by the Customer. Food and beverages to be consumed within the Hospitality areas must be purchased from food and beverage outlets at the Racecourse.
10. The Curragh Racecourse permits the Customer to use the hospitality facilities solely for the purposes of the agreed package. The Customer must not resell or otherwise transfer the hospitality package to any other person. The Customer must comply with the laws relating to the service of alcohol and provision of entertainment and any other reasonable request of the Curragh Racecourse General Manager, its staff or agents.
11. Please be aware that the Curragh Racecourse is a no smoking venue in all hospitality outlets, however smoking is permitted in open areas.
12. The Curragh Racecourse shall refund to the Customer the price paid by the customer for the hospitality package if an event is cancelled entirely or the date of the event is changed. This shall be the Customer’s exclusive remedy in respect of cancellation or postponement of an event. Should a customer wish to cancel any booking up to 5 days before the event time this can be done without charge to the customer. Should a customer fail to notify us of cancellation less than 5 Days before the scheduled race day first time any booking will become invalid and a 50% charge will be applied to any booking made by the customer. If a customer fails to turn up then a 100% charge will be made.
13. The Curragh Racecourse reserves the right to cancel or withdraw any part of any hospitality package at any time, irrespective of whether or not the relevant event is cancelled or postponed. If The Curragh Racecourse elects to cancel or withdraw any element of a hospitality package, The Curragh Racecourse will contact the Customer using the details provided when booking the hospitality package and offer to either:
a. refund the price paid by the Customer in full if no part of a hospitality package is provided;
b. refund the price for those elements of the hospitality package cancelled or withdrawn;
c. grant alternative hospitality rights at the Racecourse; or
d. subject to availability, provide the hospitality package to the Customer on a different date.
If the Customer is not able to attend any rescheduled date The Curragh Racecourse will offer the Customer a full or partial refund as set out above, which shall be the Customer’s exclusive remedy in respect of cancellation or postponement of an event.
14. Subject to clause 16, The Curragh Racecourse shall not be liable for:
a. any damage to or loss of the Customer’s property unless such damage or loss has occurred as a result of the wilful misconduct of The Curragh Racecourse staff;
b. any of the Customer’s, its guests, staff and/or agents’ indirect, special or consequential losses (for example, transport or accommodation costs).
15. The Curragh Racecourse shall not be liable to the Customer for:
(a) any expenses or losses incurred by the Customer; or
(b) any delay or non-performance of The Curragh Racecourse’s obligations to the Customer, if and to the extent that such expenses or losses, delay or non-performance are caused by a Force Majeure Event. “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event or circumstance which is reasonably beyond The Curragh Racecourse’s control, including without limitation, act of God, terrorist action, imminent threat of terrorist action, epidemic, wars, national emergencies, insurrections, riots, fire, flood, suspension of power leading to inoperability of the Arena, loss of utilities, national mourning, strike, industrial action, lock out, breakdown, malfunction or damage of or to the Racecourse, any plant, equipment or materials, explosion, civil commotion or disturbance, interruption in, delay or failure of necessary transportation or technical facilities, severe weather conditions or act of local or national government.
16. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude either party’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
17. The Customer shall be liable for, and shall indemnify The Curragh Racecourse against, any loss or damage caused to the Racecourse, its furniture, fixtures and/or equipment which may arise as a result of the Customer’s use of the Curragh Racecourse or Hospitality Areas or from items being brought into the Racecourse by the Customer, its guests, staff and/or agents, excluding any loss or damage caused by The Curragh Racecourse, its staff or agents.
Effect of Non-Compliance
18. If the Customer does not comply with these terms and conditions, the Racecourse Rules and/or the ticket terms and conditions:
a. the Customer shall (at The Curragh Racecourse’s reasonable request) leave the Racecourse and/or require its guests, staff and/or agents to leave without delay; and
b. the Customer shall (at The Curragh Racecourse’s request) pay for any loss or damage caused to the Racecourse in the manner specified in clause 17.
19. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Irish law. Any dispute in relation to their subject matter shall be submitted to the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
20. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions please do not book or reserve a hospitality package with us.
TICKET BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
These tickets are issued subject to the Rules of Irish Racing
- If this ticket is resold or transferred for profit or commercial gain other than by appointed agent it will become void and the holder may be refused entry or expelled from the Racecourse You must have a valid, intact, ticket to enter the Racecourse.
- Replacements for lost or stolen tickets cannot be issued
- Your ticket(s) must be produced on demand at any time during the race meeting
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to, or expel any person from the racecourse, without assigning a reason for so doing so.
- Admission is at the ticket holder’s own risk, except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from negligence on the part of the Racecourse
- Alcohol/ Food may not be brought into any of the racecourse enclosures
- Dress Code – While we encourage racegoers to wear smart clothing, no formal dress code applies, except that the removal of shirts is not permitted at any time.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded unless the race meeting is cancelled.
- Abandoned Racing – In the event of racing being abandoned, refunds on badges or tickets will only be paid in the following circumstances:- • Abandonment before completion of the first race – full refund • Abandonment before third race – 50% refund • Abandonment Thereafter – no refund
- All refund requests must be made in writing with 28 days of the race meeting enclosing all tickets originally issued to you.
- Management retain all image rights. Any photographer that is felt to be impeding or contravening these rights without accreditation and prior written consent will be requested to leave and escorted from the premises.
EMIRATES MELBOURNE CUP COMPETITION 2014 TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The Victoria Racing Club will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) in connection with this promotion, or for personal injury suffered or sustained as a result of receiving or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- If the winner is unable to take a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, associated agencies or promotional partners, that prize will be forfeited
- The prize value is true at the time of printing and is subject to change without notice
- All flights are subject to availability and the Victoria Racing Club accepts no responsibility for delayed or missed flights
- A competition entry form will be included in The Irish Field in 3 editions of the paper – 23rd August, 30th August and 6th September. A winner will be selected each week – total of 3 winners. Each winner will be invited to attend the races by the Curragh on 14th September
- A competition entry form will be included in the race programme at the Curragh on 14th September. The competition will close at 3.30pm
- The three winners from the Irish Field will join the 3 winners from the races to select a horse in the Palmerstown House Estate Irish St Leger by draw. The draw will take place in the parade ring at the races at 4.30pm and will be overseen by a member of the Curragh racecourse staff
- The person who has drawn the subsequent winner or highest placed horse from the horses selected by the 6 entrants will win the prize
- Employees of HRI, Irish Turf Club, The Curragh Racecourse and Irish Field are not permitted to take part in the competition
- The promotion will be include in The Irish Field on 23/8/14, 30/8/14, 6/9/14 and in the Curragh race programme on 14/9/14 11). The prize value ($9,290).
Jaguar Style Award Terms &Conditions
The prize consists of the use of a Jaguar XF for one year (12 months) from September 2014 (exact date to be confirmed) as part of the Fashion Competition taking place at Leopardstown Racecourse on Saturday 13th September & the Curragh Racecourse on Sunday 14th September 2014
- The promoters are Horse Racing Ireland, Leopardstown Racecourse and the Curragh Racecourse (jointly promoting Irish Champions Weekend) and Jaguar Land Rover Ireland, Clonlara Avenue, Baldonnell Business Park, Dublin 22.
- Prize consists of one year’s use of a Jaguar XF.
- Employees or agents of Horse Racing Ireland, Leopardstown Racecourse, the Curragh Racecourse, The Irish Turf Club/INHSC and/or Jaguar Land Rover Ireland, and their families or other persons connected with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- Prize refers to any Jaguar XF model as provided by Jaguar Land Rover Ireland.
- Prize is subject to the winner’s provision of full comprehensive insurance and he/she must hold a full, current and clean driving license and be at least 18 years of age.
- Prize is as offered and no cash alternative will apply.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this promotion.
- The promoters’ decision is final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The promoters reserve the right to change any aspect of the prize.
- The prize will be subject to any additional terms and conditions of the suppliers of the prize.
- The promoters are excluded from liability for any loss, damage or injury which might occur to the winner arising from his or her acceptance of the prize.
- In all cases of dispute Jaguar Land Rover Ireland may ask for additional information from the recipient and retains sole rights to the interpretation of Terms and Conditions and their decision is final.
- The winner may be required to participate in unpaid promotional related publicity undertaken by the promoter or its associated companies.
- Entry is for people of 18 years of age and over.
- Entry to this promotion shall be deemed full and unconditional acceptance of the terms & conditions.
- The promoters reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of Ireland and subject to the jurisdiction of the Irish Courts.
- Competition ends Sunday 14th September 2014.
All sound and moving or still picture rights including, without limitation, on the internet, vest exclusively with the Organisers and any material filmed or recorded at the Event may only be used for the personal, non-profit making enjoyment of amateurs. By entering the venue, Ticket holders consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as visitors attending the Event, and consent to the image or recording of them being used in future marketing material for the Event, or their sponsors.