These terms set out the basis on which you can purchase tickets for your visit to the Curragh Racecourse for a behind the scenes tour. The management reserves the right at all times to refuse admission.
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
By purchasing tickets for the Curragh Racecourse Behind The Scenes Tour you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by and subject to the following Terms and Conditions and have read and agree to the use of the information you provide us with.
- Requests for rescheduling are at the absolute discretion of the Curragh Racecourse Ltd. They can only be processed if the Curragh Racecourse receives such notice at least 72 hours before the time of visit. If you purchased via our website, please email us at [email protected] to process your request.
- Once your tickets have been purchased, the ticket is non-changeable and non-refundable except at the absolute discretion of the Curragh Racecourse Ltd.
- Cancellations received within 72 hours of the tour time are non-refundable without exception.
- Late arrivals and no shows are not refundable.
- Tickets offered by Curragh Racecourse Ltd are valid as per the dates and times displayed on the Curragh website, www.curragh.ie Curragh Racecourse Ltd is not responsible or liable for any information that it does not directly provide.
- Guests are asked to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour. Tours will start on time and it is your responsibility to arrive in advance of the start time.
- All prices are quoted in Euro. Whilst we reserve the right to increase or decrease our prices at any time before you book, once your booking is confirmed the price of your booking as stated in the confirmation email will not be altered.
- The Curragh Racecourse reserves the right to cancel any tour at any time for any reason. In such cases you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price.
- We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Curragh Racecourse and all areas that are included in the normal tour are open for use by visitors during normal opening hours. However, the Curragh Racecourse reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, whether for safety reasons or otherwise and with or without prior notice to close the grandstand, and/or enclosures, and/or the racetrack or any part of it. In the event of such closure that precludes the tour from taking place, the Curragh Racecourse Ltd will refund any visitor the cost of his or her prepaid ticket. Otherwise the Curragh Racecourse shall have no liability whatsoever, including no liability for travel expenses or any other out of pocket expenses in respect of closure of part or all of the Curragh Racecourse.
- Only food and beverage purchased from the Curragh Racecourse may be consumed in the Curragh Racecourse.
- The Curragh Racecourse is suitable for visitors under 18 years of age. Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or above. The Curragh Behind The Scenes Tour is not recommended for children under 12 years, however children under 12 years are not precluded from taking the tour. All children under 18 must have a valid under 25 years ticket.
- Pets or animals (with the exception of guide dogs and hearing dogs) are expressly prohibited within the Curragh Racecourse.
Disclaimers & limitations of liability
Under no circumstances will Curragh Racecourse Ltd be liable for any of the following losses or damage, whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise: (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the website regardless of the form of action.
Curragh Racecourse Ltd no responsibility for any sickness, pilferage, labour disputes, machinery breakdown, government restrains, acts of war and/or terrorism, weather conditions, or for any misadventure or casualty or any other causes beyond their control. This is not limited to, but may include: (a) the closure of venue, where and when the closure of that venue is out of the control of Curragh Racecourse Ltd, which may be due to severe weather warnings, manifestations and protests or simply the last-minute decision of Curragh Racecourse Ltd.
The Curragh Racecourse Ltd reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse entry on to or remove from its premises or the vicinity any person who: -
- Has been convicted of a criminal offence, which, in the opinion of the Curragh Racecourse Ltd is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors;
- Is behaving in a manner, which, in the opinion of the Curragh Racecourse Ltd has, or is likely to affect the safety or enjoyment of other visitors, cause annoyance to other visitors, behaving in such a way as to cause danger or distress to others or damage the property;
- Has used threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour or in any way provokes or behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- Is thought to be under the influence of alcohol or other substances;
- In addition to the foregoing, where a person has caused damage, he/she must meet any expenses incurred as a result of such behaviour;
- All persons entering the Curragh Racecourse must pay for admission. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by any employee or agent of the Curragh Racecourse. Any person attempting to gain admission without a valid ticket shall be asked to leave;
- In accordance with Irish Law, smoking is strictly prohibited within the Curragh Racecourse;
- The Curragh Racecourse reserves the right to prosecute any persons found damaging or defacing any part of the premises.
- The Curragh Racecourse values the safety and comfort of our visitors above all. To protect you and the Curragh Racecourse, visitors and their belongings may be subject to a security screening before gaining entry to the Curragh Racecourse. Please review basic information about security screening and prohibited items below. We appreciate your patience and understanding of these procedures. The list below is not exhaustive and is subject to change and amendment at any stage by the Curragh Racecourse.
- Do not leave items/bags unattended at any time.
- In some cases, people may show no symptoms when infected with COVID-19. Any interaction with other members of the general public can pose a risk of being exposed to COVID-19 and we cannot guarantee that you will not be exposed during your visit.
- All weapons, including: firearms, knives, machetes and flick knives, any items deemed dangerous, any dual-use items that could be dangerous. Pepper spray is considered a fire arm in Ireland and it is therefore illegal to have in your possession.
- All such items, if found during a search, will be confiscated and handed over to the Gardaí.
- Scissors, sharp instruments and tools are also prohibited and will be confiscated.
- Large packages, suitcases, and other large parcels are not permitted.
- Full head coverings such as motorbike helmets or costumes that completely cover the head are not permitted. Only face coverings that cover the nose and mouth area are permitted.
APPLICABLE LAWS AND LEGAL COURT
The terms and conditions of use will be sustained and interpreted by the Irish law except for the International Private Law. Any controversy derived or connected to the execution of terms and conditions of use will be passed on to the exclusive jurisdiction of the legal court of Dublin that follows.