We are currently seeking a number of General Operatives for the Racetrack and Training Grounds.
The successful candidates will work as part of the grounds team to ensure the racetrack, training grounds, site enclosure and ancillary areas are maintained consistently and to highest possible standards, in line with the organisation’s health and safety policy and safe systems of work.
Key Responsibilities will include a variety of the following:
• Assist in the preparation and restoration of the racing surface
• Assist the racetrack team with raceday preparations, including setting out the appropriate track, erecting and movement of running rail, preparing stables, parade ring and general grounds.
• Work as part of the race day team either on track, in the stable yard or parade ring and surrounding enclosure.
• Preparation, repair and moving of hurdles and fences.
• Proactive maintenance and repair of white railing on all gallops.
Skills and Experience:
• Experience and understanding of machinery operation and maintenance
• Knowledge and experience of landscaping
• Knowledge of soil and grass management
• Knowledge of sprays, fertiliser and track irrigation would be an advantage.
• Good communication skills and ability to work in a team
• Familiarity with agriculture landscape
• Awareness of the racing industry and equine safety.
• A driver’s licence and the ability to drive tractors would be an advantage.
Applicants should have relevant experience and must be available to work weekdays, evenings and on weekends in line with the requirements of our racing calendar.
If you are interested in this role, please submit a letter of application and CV outlining the role you are applying for and how you meet the requirements of the role to [email protected] no later than 14th May 2021.
The Curragh Racecourse is an equal opportunities employer. Interview candidates will be provided with any necessary accommodations when called for interview.