Race Day Facilities
Map of Enclosure
Click to enlarge
With the O’Brien’s Champagne & Wine Bar as the only permanent facility remaining in place this season, high quality marquee structures will be place until the development project is completed by the end of 2018. The structures will feature the Grand Hall with Tote, Paddy Power Betting Shop, Sports Lounge and food and beverage area and an Owners & Trainers facility which will be available for connections of runners on the day to enjoy a complimentary meal, together with an imposing Hospitality Marquee over two levels with magnificent views across the racecourse to feature two restaurants with capacity for 250 people each, a Premier Members Lounge and an exclusive area for feature race sponsors.
In addition, there will be an Artisan Food Village featuring some of Kildare’s leading food producers and a Race Track Viewing Stand with a capacity for 1500 people, together with numerous screens which will be located throughout the enclosure for additional viewing. The Weigh Room has been relocated to what was previously the main entrance building, while the pre parade and parade ring will remain in place for the 2017 season.
Food and Beverage
During the 2017 season we will be undergoing a redevelopment of our grandstand however we will still be offer a variety of lively bars and restaurants located throughout the racecourse enclosure in high quality marquees including:
The Hospitality Marquee
The high quality two storey Hospitality Marquee on site for 2017 during our redevelopment boasts two high quality restaurants – The Champions Terrace on the upper level and the Legends Restaurant on the lower level. With a capacity for over 150 guests each of our restaurants are ideally suited to larger groups and parties. Great value lunch & admission packages available from just €75 pp – Booking is recommended and especially on classic race days.
The Champagne Bar
A cool and contemporary restaurant, recently remodelled, serves great champagne and a range of delicious wines as well as fabulous food. Ideally suited to small groups and couples and situated just inside the main entrance, facing the parade ring. 3 Course Luncheon and admission available from only €75pp – We offer a choice of 2 sittings and booking is recommended and essential for classic race days.
Tickets and Hospitality can be booked online HERE
PLEASE NOTE: There is a change in traffic management and designated car parks for 2017.
Free public car parking is available. All traffic must approach from the Ballymany Roundabout i.e. Newbridge/East Side of the racecourse, take Exit 12 on the M7.
Customers with RESERVED car park badges will be directed to their designated car park – badges must be displayed at all times.
Only those with RESERVED CAR PARK F & G badges will be allowed access from the Kildare/East side of the racecourse.
Car parking Map – Click to enlarge
Tickets must be purchased at the ticket booths in advance of approaching the entrance building. AIR Card Holders and those with pre-purchased tickets can proceed directly to the entrance building.
We recommend purchasing tickets and hospitality online in advance on www.curragh.ie – this will allow the quickest entry to the racecourse as it will mean no time needs to be spent purchasing tickets at the ticket booth.
Please note that the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby (1st July) and Longines Irish Champions Weekend (10th September) are Ticket Only events and tickets must be pre-purchased in advance – available online now.
Random bag checks will be conducted on admission to the racecourse.
The cloakroom is located inside the enclosure opposite the Grand Hall.
ATMs will be available on site but there will be no foreign exchange facilities.
Although there is no strict dress code, we would advise smart casual attire.
Available throughout the racecourse.
We welcome families to the racecourse and do all we can to make the day as special as possible for them. Family Tickets are available on Regular Racedays for €25 and can only be purchased at the gate.
- Under 16s NO CHARGE accompanied by an adult (Exceptions for 2017 include the 1st July and 10th September)
Our facilities for those with Special Needs include:
- Toilet located beside the Grand Hall
- Toilet located between Hospitality Marquee & Owners Lounge
- Toilet located beside Champagne Bar
Access will be not be permitted to any press/media who have not applied for press accreditation in advance. AIR card holders will gain access to the enclosure but will need an official 2017 media pass to access the parade ring.
Due to the redevelopment works, the press centre in 2017 is located beside the Weigh Room in the relocated weigh room close to the pre parade ring. All Press are more than welcome to access the facilities which include ISDN and wifi facilities.
For Press Accreditation Click HERE
For Photographer Accreditation Click HERE
For all media related matters, contact Evan Arkwright, Commercial Manager.
Important information – Accessibility at The Curragh Racecourse
At the Curragh Racecourse we aim to provide an accessible environment for all racegoers. We are currently undergoing a major redevelopment and temporary facilities are in place at the venue to facilitate racing for 2017 and 2018. A map of the racecourse facility, showing disabled facilities can be downloaded here:
Where possible, we are happy to make arrangements and assist with any special requirements, but these must be made in advance of a race day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 5 days prior to your visit to request any assistance required. On race days our Accessibility Customer Service assistants (wearing yellow vests) will be present both inside and outside the venue to provide assistance if required.
Pre-Journey Information for customers with reduced mobility:
- Parking for guests with disabilities is situated at the Main Entrance concourse please show stewards your blue badge and they will direct you to the parking spaces. We strongly advise racegoers to arrive early to secure a place in this reserved parking areas as once it is full, Blue Badge holders will be parked in alternative locations.
- Entrance is accessible for wheelchair users and people with reduced mobility.
- Complimentary tickets for carers/assistants can be availed of at the ticket sales booth; which is located before the entrance gate. The person redeeming the complimentary ticket must be able to provide you with the appropriate assistance which might include:
- Assisting you in moving around the racecourse
- Helping you evacuate the racecourse in the event of an emergency
- Accompanying and/or assisting you in using the racecourse toilets
- Assisting you in purchasing refreshments and food or using other services
- Disabled/wheelchair user toilet facilities located in 2 areas; one close to the entrance area and one centrally located on the site for convenience.
- Accessible First Aid facilities located centrally and beside toilet facilities.
- Accessible viewing areas along the front of the grandstand on the east side.
- Guide Dogs, hearing dogs and assistance dogs are all welcome.