Owners & Trainers
The Owners Lounge is located just past the Champagne Bar as you enter our Champagne Garden Area.
All Owners & Trainers with runners on the day who present their Association of Irish Racecourses card at the AIR turnstile will receive
- Owners & Trainers badge which will give access to the parade ring & premier level
- Complimentary Racecard
- Wristband for access to our exclusive Owners Lounge close to the parade ring
- Voucher for a complimentary meal and tea/coffee in the Owners Lounge
Owners & Trainers with a runner on the day will have received their allocation of AIR cards from the Association of Irish Racecourses
- 4 per Owner with Runner on Day
- 2 per Trainer with Runner on Day
Owners with runner on the day will receive one Owners Lounge wristband along with one voucher for a complimentary meal and tea/coffee redeemable in the Lounge per AIR card.
The Curragh are more than happy to offer owners the option of availing of additional admission tickets & access to the Owners Lounge outside of the one voucher per AIR card allocation but owners must contact the Curragh Racecourse Office prior to the race day in order to organise any additional tickets & wristbands and owners can purchase food in the Lounge on the day for their additional guests.
Trainers with runner on the day will receive 2 Owners Lounge wristbands along with 2 vouchers for a complimentary meal and tea/coffee redeemable in the Lounge.
The Curragh will operate 2 lunchtime sittings and owners & trainers will be encouraged to pre-book their lunch time prior to the race day – times of lunch sittings will be confirmed by Curragh Racecourse Office when the owner contacts the office.
Please contact the Curragh Office on 045-441205 / email email@example.com for all matters in relation to the Owners & Trainers Lounge
- All winning owners receive a memento either from the race sponsor or from the racecourse.
- Owners with runners on a race day are presented with a meal voucher to be redeemed in the ITM Owners Lounge
- Winning owners receive a complimentary presentation photo and DVD of the race.
- Association of Irish Racehorse Owners – free admission with Association of Irish Racehorse Owners Card – 26th June
- All Owners – free admission with AIRO card on following dates 4th June, 7th August, 25th September
- Breeders – Breeders with runners on the day who are members of the Irish Thoroughbred Breeders Association receive free admission
A schedule of premier races taking place this year are available. Contact Paul Hensey for a copy on 045 – 441205 or firstname.lastname@example.org
There are 108 stables available on racedays and are allocated on race mornings. There is a choice of paper or shavings bedding (straw is no longer available).
Contact Paul Hensey or access www.met.ie
Overseas trainers with runners are permitted to use the Curragh gallops during their stay, including all grass and all weather gallops, but we would appreciate that trainers contact Pat Kelly (head Groundsman) for permission to use grass gallops – mobile + 353 87 8321215.
Our grooms canteen has recently enjoyed a major refurbishment and is now widely considered the best facility of it’s kind in the country. Breakfast and lunch are available to grooms on all race days. Showers and changing facilities are also available for their use.
Overseas owners and trainers must contact Niamh Comerford at the racecourse who will look after their requirements with regards to admission badges.
- Horse Racing Ireland +353 45 455455 (entries, declarations, forfeits, supplementary etc)
- Irish Turf Club + 353 45 445600 (integrity services, licensing)