Longines Irish Champion Weekend is the unmissable event the year and takes place at Leopardstown on Saturday 9th and at the Curragh on Sunday 10th September 2017. The Weekend will be action packed with the focus on showcasing Ireland as a world centre of excellence for horse racing and breeding.
On Sunday, day two of Irish Champions Weekend enjoy top class fashion, racing and entertainment. And why not start the day with the Thoroughbred Trail – the trail gives you the opportunity to go behind the scenes at many of the leading training yards and stud farms based around the Curragh. Sunday is also Family Day and the Curragh will have a purpose built family friendly enclosure in the in-field of the racecourse on the day.
Programme of Events – Sunday 10th September
- 08:30 Thoroughbred Trail Registration (Grand Hall)
- 09:30 – 12:30 Curragh Thoroughbred Trail
- 11:30 Gates Open
- 11:30 House Band Performing at Garden Plaza stage
- 13:00 Paddy Power Winning Line
- 13:30 Longines Prize of Elegance preview
- 14:00 1st Race EBF Bold Lad Premier Handicap 6f
- 14:35 2nd Race Moyglare “Jewels” Blandford Stakes (Group 2)
- 14:45 Parade of Irish Champions
- 15:05 3rd Race Derrinstown Stud Flying Five (Group 2)
- 15:40 4th Race Moyglare Stud Stakes (Group 1)
- 15:50 Longines Prize of Elegance Most Stylish Lady / Man Announced
- 16:15 5th Race Goffs Vincent O’Brien National Stakes (Group 1)
- 16:50 6th Race The Comer Group International Irish St. Leger (Group 1)
- 17:25 7th Race Tattersalls Ireland Super Auction Sales Stakes
- 17:55 8th Race EBF Northfields Premier Handicap 12f
- 18:00 Musical Finale of Race Day
Hospitality – SOLD OUT
Hospitality is now sold out but admission starts from just €12 and we also have Punters Packs available. There are also a number of food outlets available on site for casual dining.
To make the weekend extra special, why not join the Thoroughbred Trail on the Curragh plains before racing. The area is steeped in racing history and this is an exclusive opportunity see behind the scenes at many of the leading training yards, equine facilities and stud farms on the Curragh. Read more HERE
Longines Prize for Elegance
Phase 2 of Longines Prize of Elegance carries over to the Curragh with amazing prizes on offer from Kildare Village and David Marshall Hair Salon for the most elegant lady and gent. Register Here
Register Here Please note: Press Accreditation will not be available on the day. Deadline for receipt of accreditation is August 25th.