Please note that this form is for PHOTOGRAPHERS only, Press and Journalists should apply here
Photographers Accreditation Form
In a bid to further improve conditions for all accredited photographers at The Curragh, we request that you familiarise yourself with the conditions for accreditation outlined below All Photography Accreditation applications must be submitted at least five days before the designated race day and by Monday June 11th for the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby Festival. Agencies and picture desks please ensure you have applied for sufficient accreditation by this date as there will be no exceptions to this condition.
- The Curragh requires photographers to provide evidence, at time of application, of Public Liability Insurance for an industry standard minimum of €6.5 million. Please scan and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All photographers and/or agency or picture desk representatives must attend a mandatory photographer briefing before racing on the opening day of the festival. It is the responsibility of the agency/picture desk rep to relay the information given at this briefing to their contracted photographers.
- There will be two levels of photographer accreditation for the Curragh:
(1) Track/Enclosures (Pink armband)
(2) Enclosures Only (Blue armband)
These can be collected at the entrance building to the racecourse.
Track/enclosure level is limited to photographers who regularly work at and are familiar with shooting images at sporting, equestrian and/or horse racing events. This level of accreditation will be issued at the discretion of The Curragh. Please only apply for this level of accreditation if absolutely necessary. Track/enclosure photographers will be issued with a distinctive pink photographer armband which must be worn to gain access to the designated photographer area on the racecourse. If you do not have and wear this armband you will not be granted access to the track.
Enclosure Only level photographer accreditation will not have access to the race track itself but will be permitted access to all other areas where photography is permitted. Any photographer disobeying the rules, causing an inconvenience or encroaching on other photographers work, attempting to gain access to undesignated photo areas or causing any level of safety concern to jockeys, horses, and members of the public, industry, staff or contractors will be removed. The Curragh has commenced a major development project and all facilities will be located in marquee structures this year. The Press/Media Facility will be located at the rear of the new Weigh Room/Jockeys Room. An additional press facility will be available on Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby day.
- All Media Accreditation applications must be submitted no later the 5 days before the designated race day.
- All accredited media at The Curragh are requested to comply with and adhere to the guidelines outlined in this section of Curragh.ie and instructions given to them by The Curragh Officials and Security.
- All members of the accredited press/photographers are requested to display/wear their allocated press badge/photographer armband once inside the racecourse as there will be increased levels of security on the parade ring, winner’s enclosure and track access points. We appreciate your co-operation and patience as we implement this measure. AIR Press Card holders should access the track through the AIR turnstile but are requested to display their Curragh press pass once inside the racecourse. This is with the exception of Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby Day (30th June) and day two of Longines Irish Champions Weekend (16th September) where separate accreditation is needed – please complete the form below.
- It is a condition when issuing accreditation that your press badge has been allocated to you personally and should not be transferred to another person under any circumstances. Each badge is number allocated and identifiable for this reason. Failure to comply with conditions of accreditation will result in removal of all privileges and may affect the success of future applications for you and/or or company/publication.